Problems in updating Android SDK Tools with rev. 22
You may find an error after updating your Android SDK with Rev. 22. When you restart the ADT, you will see this error.
This Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version 22.0.0 or above.
Current version is 21.x.x.
Please update ADT to the latest version.
The problem is you will not be able to update it from the “Check Updates” button. Clicking the button leads you to the “No updates were found” window along with the “Problem Occurred” window. If you ignore the problem, this error prevents us from running any of your existing projects.
This is because of the wrong URL of the Android Developer Tools Update Site. You cannot fix this problem by changing the Install/Update – Available Software Sites – Android Developer Tools Update Site since it adds automatically “content.xml” at the end of the URL.
Here is a list of steps that you need to take.
- Help – Install New Software in the ADT menu.
- Type https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/site.xml in “Work with:” and Enter.
- You can see the “Developer Tools” item.
- Select it and click Next.
- Click Next one more.
- Click Finish accepting the terms of the license agreements.
- Click OK in the “Security Warning” window.
- Let the installer restart ADT after installing the tools.